This morning as I woke up, I felt grateful that I am alive and have a chance to express myself.
So, today I want to share with you 5 easy things I do that contribute to my joy, and can work for you too:
- Start the day with at least one thought of what we are grateful for.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day and pay attention to our breathing. Notice when it starts slowing down and become deeper when we pay attention to it. Then inspiration has a space to come in
- Smile as often as we can, even for no reason other then to increase our happy hormones. Smile is the ultimate anti-depressant. And it is contagious.
- Taking a walk paying attention to how our bodies feel. What muscles are involved in the walking? Is the body loose or rigid? The moment your notice rigidity, it usually melts and you can enjoy the walking more.
- Call a friend who might need support. That nourishes the relationship and ourselves.
What contributes to your joy?